Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life

This morning I went for a swim. It's a good thing Jacob helps me get out the door, because I love it. It's getting into the pool that is so hard. I have been so cold lately! I think it's because of all the tricks mother nature has been playing. Anyway, Last week as I was walking past a lovely bunch of older ladies in the locker room (all half dressed) they all kindly commented ,"awe, what a skinny little thing". Then they talked about the old days when they were skinny little things and some about how they were never skinny things, and how their husbands (bless their souls) loved them just the way they were. I loved being able to listen in on that conversation. They were all so content with who they were. They were constantly complementing each other and saying how much they liked each other.
Today as I was swimming one of those sweet old ladies stopped me mid swim to ask me, in her thick German accent and shower cap covered head, where I was from. I said Utah, and now here. And then she continued saying, "oh, so you're not European then? You vere swimming so gracefully, and it vas so lovely to watch. Most people beat the [heck] out of the vater, and I vonder, vhy do they svim if they hate the vater?"
Ha! I got mistaken for a graceful European swimmer today :) I love those ladies.
Life is so great.
These kids are great


They are seriously so funny together.

Valentines day was great too...
I did accomplish lots of things on that list, not the flower cake yet, but I will! Jacob took me to get ice cream at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream where I had to taste pretty much every flavor, notice all the little spoons in my hand. Proof of my indecisiveness. Yum, I got salty caramel, and Roxbury Road. Mm you have to go there. I want some more...


3 comments:

Diane Carter said...

Dylan read me this while I was on the couch, his thick German accent and the amazing story made me laugh and laugh! your right life IS good :)

Heather Sypher said...

That's so funny! I love old ladies! I'm definitely one of those who beats the heck out of the water! I'm trying to find solid-ground alternatives. I love Eli's wig in the last post!

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

I LOVE your story about the old swimming ladies! I swim with some of the same breed. They're so cute with their own thick accents of another kind. They think it's amazing that a pregnant woman can exercise. I want to see how gracefully you swim now!