Monday, February 28, 2011

Find Rest


I'm tired a lot lately.
It takes a lot of stinkin' energy to be a good mom
. And honestly I don't feel like a great one all the time. I'm not always excited to get on a pretend airplane and get on and off over and over while we travel the world. And here's a secret: I sometimes wish for silence... And I hate admitting this stuff. But life isn't all rose colored right? Well I had a special experience that helped to remember how I can be a better mom. How I can be excited to pretend, and to listen for hours, and to make dinner with little ones at my feet. Jacob gave me a priesthood blessing and Heavenly Father reminded me of this promise.

Matthew 11:28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Can you guess what stood out to me? "I will give you rest" Rest from being exhausted, rest from doubting myself, rest from anxiety over all the little things.


I'll take it.

Now I've got to learn how to trust Him. Do it with me?

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I feel ya sister! Soon they will play together more and you won't be their only entertainment.

Diane Carter said...

Inspirational! Putting Christ in the center of our lives is a precious key. And it always circles back to learning how to trust Him! I'm in!

Diane Carter said...

Oh ya, and one more thing... I'm truly impressed that you posted that at 6:31 AM! #(^$*%($^#%*&*$)Oo. ^%$@#$*$(^%*^^(^)& :)

Kaye said...

You are a darling mother and your kids know you adore them. Hang in there with all the demands - the demands change over time and playing make believe is one of the easier things to do - love ya!

Jessica said...

Beautiful post - really beautiful. I'm glad you shared the experience. From your pics it looks like you are ROCKING at being a mom!! Keep it up girly - and come see us in the city already :)

Shelly Jordan said...

I sure love reading your blog! Thanks for your great example! Love you!