Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's My Birffday



I'm not sure I ever imagined how much a handmade card from my own child would mean to me on my birthday. She came and woke me up this morning holding this fabulous card saying, "mommy, it's your birthday!" Inferring, 'get up silly, let's play!' She brought me to a table with hot french toast smothered in butter and powdered sugar (my favorite), and a beautiful bouquet of white daisies (also my favorite). Mr. Dean likes to spoil me rotten...



...I am looking forward to getting even more rotten while we celebrate the whole weekend long...

You know how some birthdays don't feel any different than other years?



Well this year I definitely feel different. Heck, I even look different. I feel like I actually look older.



It seems like the years 19-24 all felt really young, and now BAM I'm 25! Not that I feel old, I just feel like I'm not a 1L anymore (lawyer lingo for first year law student).


(please notice the huge glob of lotion my little lu is sneaking onto her brother)

I feel like I'm officially a mom, and a wife, a Relief Society presidency member, an aunt (yay!), all those titles that youngsters don't have. I like it, I do. It's all sinking in. Part of me is a little sad to let go of some of the youngster titles. But I'm excited to be in the prime of my life, I just hope it doesn't go by too fast.



Happy Birthday to me :)

p.s. didn't my mother take some great pictures while she was in town. Love her...











4 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Happy Birthday Danielle! I can't get over your cute little family...

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Sista! 25 is the Best! I loved my 25th year and I"m sure you will too -although I'm sure it will be very different from mine. Great work with the blog! You guys are cute! Love kelly

Diane Carter said...

HaPpY BiRthDaY! Hope it was fabulous, all weekend long! I love getting rotten!!! Love you all

Unknown said...

happy birthday! i'm just showering you with comments.