Monday, January 4, 2010

Truly Wise Counsel

Last week Jacob and I got to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. Because of many different circumstances, including snow storms, babysitting, and sick little Luci, we got to celebrate on lots of different days. We still get one more date night too to finish off all the things we were planning to do. One of the things we did was go on a date to see Avatar in 3d. It was cool, really cool. We both thought it was well worth the 9 dollars a person. Dates are so wonderful. That is definitely something that we have learned while being married. We have made it a goal from the beginning to go out once a week. Of course there have been weeks when it hasn't worked out, and I'm sure there will be more. We definitely notice a difference in our relationship when we haven't made the time to go out though. This is my favorite quote on the matter of date night. I quote it often, just ask Jacob ;) The book that I found this quote cites it from a CES employees meeting, doesn't sound legit does it?...but the author(Laura Brotherson) then states that she corresponded to Elder Perry about the quote and he confirmed it and added more...here is the gold girls and boys,

From Elder L. Tom Perry,

"The most important meeting of the week is sacrament meeting, and the second most important is date night." Elder Perry later added, "I do believe it is very important that you put first on your calendar, after sacrament meeting, time together as husband and wife."

Thanks Jacob for taking me on dates, and for making me laugh. I love you forever.

***Warning***Side effects of weekly dating and twue wuv may include excessive swelling of the abdomen...

30 Weeks and Counting

6 comments:

Diane Carter said...

That quote is definitely going on the board. You are darling prego! Love ya

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz Hall said...

Cute pic of the belly. I sent that quote to Eric, it's a keeper!

Liz Hall said...

Just watched the videos, so cute! I loved it when Luci wanted to take the snowman in for hot chocolate./

Brooke said...

Thanks! I'm sorry I never talk to you anymore. Actually, I don't think I even have your number. Do you have verizon? Lets catch up. Email me your number!

Kaye said...

You're so cute! And Luci on the pot is darling. We miss ya!