Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mostly Finished

Jacob and I have been working on Luci's big girl room for when baby E comes. I am so happy with how it turned out. It's so bright, and the colors aren't too girly. Luci loves it too. Today she begged to sleep in the big girl bed. Really? I don't know if I'm ready for that. When do you switch them to a big bed? Any advice? She's doing great with the potty. A few accidents every now and again, but that's probably because I forget to remind her. She's hasn't had a poopy accident yet thankfully!

Did anyone else watch American Idol last night? (We watched while I started to make this for a friends birthday brunch.) Idol is the only show that Jacob and I get excited to watch together. Was this not hilarious? "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a fool with ya pants on the ground"...It totally reminded me of my Gran-Doc. One, because he hates low rider pants, two, b/c he sings rap too. "Hey Shorty, It's ya Birfday, we're gonna party like it's ya birfday" He sings that while dancing to guests at the restaurant. It's hilarious. Sorry, only family will fully understand that one :)

10 comments:

Diane Carter said...

Her room looks great. Sunshine 24/7. ;) I would recommend a rail on the bed. Kids fall off a lot when their young which can be traumatic and then they don't like the big bed.--Funny video. Wouldn't it be great to see Grand Doc on A.I.?

Unknown said...

never watched american idol until the last two nights. and we're hooked. it's HILARIOUS. where do they find these people? and why are they subjecting themselves to those judges. hilarious . and such a cute little room.

Tiff said...

Your room looks great! We need to do the big girl bed for Aspen to, but I think I will wait until she is 2. Danny will be closer to our room for the first few months anyway so we have some time :)

Okay so for some reason I feel like I should know this but I can't remember? What are you having and do you have names picked out????

Kaye said...

Elijah's going to love his new room, new sister, and new mom and dad!

Looslis said...

I added your blog to my toolbar, so I'm officially going to be checking it now and again. It's so cute! Will you help me create a blog if I come over? I like the new room you created! Luci is looking so big! I can't believe she's learning how to use the potty! Is she turning 2 in April?

Mike Alexis & Grayson said...

Her room is so cute! Good job! And by the way, you look so cute with your little belly! I can't believe it's almost time for this little one to come! It seems like yesterday when you told us!

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

I read a book that said to wait until they ask for it! But I think I want to wait until it's physically impossible for Joann to be in one anymore. I am not ready for a little one to be creeping around after hours. No, I need the nights off!

Lance said...

Hey Deans! The room looks great... way to go. We're trying to figure the same things out.

PS There is a Mr. Dean in my ward now... and he likes to play basketball... and it is very confusing for me.

Parkinson Family said...

cute room! and so true about grandoc! we should show him this :)

Jessica and Reece said...

I love that dresser! And the little chair! Can I hire you to do my next baby's room?