Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Girls


So I got spoiled a couple of weekends ago. Oh it was a much needed and enjoyed trip. Jacob and the kiddo's stayed home to have the best daddy weekend ever while I got some girl time. Sometimes in the craziness of life do you ever forget who you are?? Well I was starting to wonder who was under all the layers of bread dough, princess costumes, truck noises, zoo trips,  pony tails, laundry detergent, and peanut butter and jelly. All wonderful things by the way. But before I had the privilege of being a part of this married with kids life I had a most life changing and defining experience. I went on a semester abroad with BYU to Italy for 6 months with these girls and many others. Just being with them again in one of the world's greatest cities was such a good reminder of the bigger picture that I saw then. The goals I was working towards... (okay anyone who knows me knows that they were mainly to find a certain someone and get some little stickies, ha ha. ) It was so relaxing and FUN! We saw some sights, ate lots of good food, bought a new purse(!) had some girl talk (well, girl + Branden talk :) Thank you!! I can't wait to see you again!








1 comment:

Tamra said...

I'm glad you were able to get away and spend some time being Danielle. Not that Danielle isn't a mom and a wife and all that, but it's nice to step away for a minute. I always think it helps when you get back - I'm always more motivated and relaxed after a little time away.