Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kentucky and Mother's Day

Click on the picture to enlarge

The kid's and I (that is so weird to say) went to visit our friends in KY on a whim while Jacob took his last two finals. It's so nice to have friends that let you come with one or two days notice. We had such a great time :) We talked, fed ducks, and relished in how much alike we are. Parenting styles, cooking techniques, testimonies, etc... At first Luci and JoAnn played together very well, but silently. It wasn't until they figured out that each other could talk that they really hit it off. Thank you for a great trip!

Mother's day was great. Filled with my favorite foods and people. I even got flowers this year. Wild flowers from our back yard. The first time there have been flowers on my table since we moved here (besides the lovely flowers from my friends at church).

Here's a funny one:

3 comments:

Kaye said...

She is so dang cute! I want to eat her up, chocolate and all.

Rachel said...

It sounds like Jacob needs to keep the flowers comin'! ;)

Sounds like you had fun in KY. That's so funny the girls didn't know each other could talk!

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

We loved your visit! We need to come soon to visit you! I love that video of cute Luci.