Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Month of Love


It's February and some of you may know that it happens to be my favorite month of the year. Partly because it includes my birthday, my little sisters birthday, and Valentine's Day. But mostly it's a way that I have discovered to make a freezing, dreary month (weather wise) something to celebrate...thus forgetting about the cold, and dreary world. Brilliant! if I say so myself. I haven't been as good at celebrating each day this year (dressing in pink, making heart shaped everything, eating lots of raspberries, and chocolate covered whatevers), but hey, I'm about to have a little chiddler (as the BFG would say) and we've had lots going on. OH excuses excuses. We have had some good times though, so let me tell ya about them.
I got to celebrate my birthday for a whole week! Went to lunch, breakfast, and got ice cream for free twice. My lovely friends made me breakfast, and Jacob made a true blue "Richard Parkinson (my dad) Sunday dinner" the Baby back ribs even had homemade bbq sauce, and there were mushrooms sauteed in butter and lemon. There was also hot sourdough from the oven, and grilled asparagus. Oh and don't forget the Better than you know what cake: a tradition my mom had for me. I did make heart and lip shaped Lion House Rolls. I made pink cupcakes for activity days, and today we made valentines at a friends house. I bought sweethearts (which are definitely not as good as they used to be) and valentine's snickers... okay so maybe I have indulged a little...Isn't February worth it though! It's such a great month (really Cat, you don't still hate it do you?) Besides celebrating February here are some other things.

Luci got tubes in her ears. The nurses told us that she would probably be inconsolable when she woke up from the anesthesia. Of course when we went back to try and console her she was simply talking in full sentences to the nurse.

Yes, I got emotional. It's not fun seeing you pride and joy go limp while looking you in the eyes with huge tears. "Save me mommy"

Nana made Luci an adorable Tinkerbell tutu which she loves!

We've had tons of snow! I'm so glad Jacob likes playing in it with Luci.


We've spent lots of time at Grandma and Grandpa's house because of Jacob's externship at the Supreme Court. (Making Playdough with Parker and Grandma)


4 comments:

Tamra said...

Elijah had surgery when he was 2. It was a routine surgery, they told us, not a big deal. But when it's your 2-year-old, it sure feels like a big deal! Glad it's over with and I hope Luci feels healthier now!

Heather Sypher said...

I've never been much of a Valentiner, but yesterday we had our Valentine's Day party with my second graders. They are so hilarious. They've been writing Valentine letters to every person they know for the past week and yesterday they hardly get anything done they were soooo excited to hand out their cards and candy. I even wore red for the occasion! :)

CH said...

Sorry dude. I still walk on egg shells this month! I am glad Luci is okay though!

- Cat

Looslis said...

I think I'll try that drink. Would it work to put in a tray of ice instead of water?