Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh my stomach


I just saw this picture today as my screen saver was turning through. We took it last May in Nashville. I always did think it would be cool to be a cowgirl. I still think it would be awesome to live on a small farm or ranch in Idaho. Probably thanks to Aunt Tricia and Uncle Randy :) Oh but this picture made me long for a basketball-less mid section. Why?...so that I could sleep on my stomach again, so Jacob could hold me close again, so my belly wouldn't hang out of the bottom of all my shirts even my maternity shirts, so I could breathe and eat until I was actually satisfied. The many woes of pregnancy. I do love the basketball too though, and it is so worth it to sacrifice some little things for a few months. It's so awesome to feel the little alien moving inside. And, it will be so awesome to stare into his little eyes, straight from heaven. I am getting excited, and anxious, and nervous. Luci is so ready to be a big sister. She talks about sharing her toys with Elijah, and changing his diaper so he won't cry. At breakfast this morning she was talking about him being born, and she said, " cut it mommy?" And Jacob and I were confused. Then she said, "cut mommy's tummy?' We didn't tell her where the baby actually comes out, because then she would never stop talking about it. So Jacob told her the baby just pops right out, no cutting necessary. She was satisfied with that answer, at least for now. Jacob is busy getting E's room ready. He's painted, and scraped wallpaper till his fingers bled. We are also getting new carpet! Wahoo!

(Our Yummy Valentine's Coconut Cake)

(37 weeks on Thursday)

5 comments:

Diane Carter said...

Oh Boy!!!!!!!!! You look so good and cute and can I eat that cake? Yum! I'm a comin' soon... yay.

Tamra said...

Your belly is looking awesome! And you're so close now!

It made me laugh that Luci asked if you were going to cut your belly open. That's how my 3 kids came out! Too funny.

Good luck with everything. You'll do awesome.

Brooke said...

You are so cute! That's exciting to get his room ready. Do you have a lot of boy clothes? If I find out I am having a girl, I will let you borrow a bunch if you want. We have sooooooooooooo much. Let me know and I can send you some newborn stuff. We will find out soon what we are having.

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

Why are you so adorable! I could never post 37 weeks on my blog . . . I can't believe Luci is thinking about how to solve such complex problems such as how to get the baby out of mommy's tummy. She's a bright one.

Kaye said...

You are too cute! It will be so fun to have a little boy around. We love you guys!