Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So Glad

Tonight I'm all by my lonesome while the baby sleeps and Jacob has meetings and basketball. Surprisingly, I have been cleaning much of the night away. I guess being in my second trimester has given me a burst of unexpected energy. We are preparing for a good, no, a great friend to come visit us this weekend; I guess that helps to motivate me too.
I put away my skinny clothes and got out my maternity clothes. I'm giving in to the comfy pants earlier than last time. I really don't care if I can fit into my normal jeans for my whole pregnancy. Don't ask me why I cared last time. I am also feeling the little kernel inside of me popping sooner than last time too. I love, love, love that feeling. It makes it so real. In all this quiet time I have thought about some things that make me glad.

So glad that I'm not a single parent.


So glad that we have good friends that let us borrow their clothes, their phone, their Mountain sports channel, their house, their time, oh and whatever else...














So glad that fall break is fast approaching.

So glad that Jacob got an internship for this summer, and a paid one at that.

So glad that I get to be a part of my family's big happenings next month (Lot's of weddings, 3 actually).

So glad for the beautiful weather that is fall.


So glad for a happy, smiley, non-stop little Luci. (Cookie Monster slippers: 2$ from goodwill)
(She is saying "cookie monster", who she used to think was Elmo)

And the list could go on, and on...

5 comments:

Diane Carter said...

Awesome pics. Where did Jacob get the internship? So glad you're coming! Love ya

Carters said...

Yeah for fall and being thankful! I am so excited for Jacob's internship--that's great news! Where's it at?

Brooke said...

Mason asks to watch videos of Luci. He thinks they are so funny!

Jessica and Reece said...

I love all the fall pictures! I also have the feeling I will be jumping into sweats the second I'm pregnant with our second. It's so much better to just be comfortable. Oh, and Luci is beautiful :)

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

I love reading your blog. Lucy is a doll! I think she and spencer would get along well :) Maybe someday they;'ll go on study abroad together...