Friday, October 16, 2009

A fussy one


This little one has been giving me quite a test the last week or so. For some reason she refuses to sleep. She just screams instead. To the point that she has lost her cute little voice several times. So she's completely overtired, bags under her eyes and all. This means days filled with, "NO!, no, No!"coming from her sweet little mouth. Distraction is a great tool. Especially reading and her baby doll. Poor girl.

Well, last night Jacob gave her a priesthood blessing and decided to put her in a different room. She still fussed for a little bit, but no screaming! I wonder if she is afraid of something in her room? Is it separation anxiety from starting nursery at church? I guess she'll be sleeping in her pack and play until we figure it out. Until then, I'm so glad it's the weekend so Jacob can help me...I was starting to go crazy. I did crazy things yesterday. I almost bought hostess donuts at the store, and I made macaroni and cheese with canned peaches for dinner. Those that know me can attest that those things are considered crazy for me. Since I really don't like packaged mac and cheese, and hostess donuts are packed with hydrogenated oil (a contraband in our home). Pray for me my friends and for my sweet little girl to get over her fears.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dear. i will be sure to call you this weekend. love you lots. we will pray for you and little luci.

Diane Carter said...

Way to try something different! ... the challenges of toddlers. You guys are great. Good luck.

Rebekah Anderson said...

Well, my house is full of contraband, unfortunately. I know what no sleeping and defiance is like...Parker has been like that for a while. I feel for you!

Tamra said...

Luci can't be fussy! That's just not right! You can tell her I said so.

Brooke said...

Afton is beginning to be a little fiesty one and Mason is finally starting to grow out of it. You're doing great! Don't be too hard on yourself- mac n cheese was made for those weeks! Love ya!