Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ahh.

For some reason I feel like I'm back. I was away, far away. I guess it's not that crazy that I too was pretty stressed as Jacob was studying for and taking the bar, and starting a new job. I was stressed for him, stressed about my house, stressed about groceries, and cooking, and children. Well, the children part was the easiest. I pretty much let most things slide, except for them. But today I feel so refreshed. Maybe because the weather has cooled down. Maybe because I got to hang out with a good friend today. Maybe because I made time for me this morning and exercised.

I've really been trying to simplify lately and focus on the most important things. It's amazing how I can still feel fulfilled without going 100mph. I still have so much to learn. But I love that the first step is simply to desire something.

But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
(Alma 32:27)

I DESIRE to have a simple, yet fulfilling life!

What do you do to simplify??

I have been trying to make things that seem overwhelming a little less so by setting a timer. I set a timer for 15 minutes and tackle a task for just that long and no longer. Then I set a timer and do something that I want to do for 15 min. (Inspired by flylady:) I have been getting so much done! Yesterday as I scrubbed my kitchen walls and cupboards I listened to this. An awesome group discussion from the Mormon channel about how to love creatively. How to find little ways to love your spouse and children. And lots of ideas for date night! I loved it because the girls speaking are people I can relate to. I want to be intentional, especially about the people that I love. You should listen to it! And then go to their website. Think of those two links as a gift from me to you... male or female... it's a great way to get you motivated to show your love to anyone!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have also been trying to simplify. It is taking a lot of work, organization and time for me to figure it out! Maybe a Parenting Small Group discussion would be helpful... I really liked your post!