Sunday, April 5, 2009

Frist of all

I LOVE Kettle Corn. I have been wishing for and wanting a special contraption called a WhirlyPop in order to make myself the deliciously sweet and salty treat. Little did I know that I didn't have to wait while saving pennies to make my own. Jacob made me some tonight because he is wonderful. It was perfect. Please try it, you will forever more have dreams about the lightly coated morsels.

Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn

Recipe Courtesy of Everyday with Rachel Ray


MAKES TEN CUPS
Prep Time: 5 min

Cook Time: 5 min
¼ cup vegetable oil

½ cup popcorn kernels

¼ cup sugar

1 teaspoon coarse salt
In a large pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the popcorn. When the oil sizzles, sprinkle the sugar over the kernels. Cover and shake the pan until the popping slows down, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with the salt.


Secondly.

Conference weekend was relaxing and uplifting...even with these two distracting little bundles. We went over to our friends house where we feasted on delicious food as well as words from our Prophet and Apostles. I know that those men are inspired and called of God to lead and guide us. What a blessing it is to hear from them every 6 months. More info here.


Lastly.

Luci took her first steps the night before her first birthday. Here is a peek at her "Ninja skills" as her dad would say.


6 comments:

Bradleyfamily said...

That is so great!! She is getting so big! Congrats Luci on walking!!
Bailey has that same piano and she loves it! hope you had a great conference weekend! love you!

Heather Sypher said...

I love that! Luci is adorable! Matthew and Afton are walking around too now. I'm excited to see you guys again...soon right? That's what I heard. I can't wait!

Kim Shepherd said...

That's so exciting that she's walking! She's so darn cute!

Carters said...

Sweet! How fun...she's doing it! WE love ya! ...and miss you.

Parkinson Family said...

yay for her! so cute!

Kaye said...

She's adorable - just like her parents. We talked about her on April 1 - how she was 1 - would have made sense to call or send a card but at least we thought of her!