Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend



  Little Luci turned 4 yesterday...
She chose a ballerina theme this year. I have to admit I probably had a little too much fun making everything pink... It was my favorite color first you know :)
The Double Strawberry Cake was pink inside and out. 
And it was delicious, anyone want some leftovers? 
This girl is so big. I can't get over what an amazing little girl she is. She is so thoughtful of others and is constantly trying to choose the right. If ever she has a moment with Eli and I mention her actions being selfish... she quickly changes her mood and tries to be kind. 
During conference yesterday she really wanted to open an Easter package that I am saving for next week. I told her to wait. I noticed that she got down on her knees a few minutes later and said a very intense prayer. I wish I could have heard her! Then about 5 or 10 minutes later she looked at me and asked, "Mom, is Heavenly Father talking to you? Or is Jesus helping you do anything?" I said, "Yes, he is helping me feel the spirit while I listen to conference." Then she looked over at her Easter package and said, "oh, well I really wish I could open that Easter package." I quickly realized what she had been praying for...



 Luci snapped this one of Eli. Such a good photographer!



Our General Conference Feast was delicious and satisfying. I made fondue with lots of fruits, veggies, and best of all... pretzel rolls! These are so yummy! 

Jacob has been waiting so patiently for the day that the kids would start pampering him. He announced yesterday as they combed and sprayed that fatherhood just became 10 times more worth it.

Now, I'm off to plan my menu...
 



4 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday big girl Luci! We love you! That's too much about the prayer... love it!

Diane Carter said...

It was great talking to Luci on her b-day yesterday. She was sooo happy! She is so gorgeous, smart and creative. Love the prayer. Good stuff Maynard! <3

Liz Hall said...

I love that ballerina costume! Your kids are the cutest. Glad Luci had a fun birthday.

Rachel said...

I've been terrible at reading blogs lately! Looks like you guys are doing well. Congrats on your pregnancy! :) Hope it's treating you well. Luci and Eli look so big and cute! :)