Wednesday, June 9, 2010

7:02 pm


It just took one hour for Luci to go to sleep. I'm not sure if it's because Jacob wasn't here tonight, or if she really just couldn't live without that one extra song that she begged over and over for. While she was up there she practiced saying 'no' in her meanest voice over and over, said she needed to go potty a million times, informed me that she was 'awake now mommy', cried for her special blankie (which she can't have b/c she peed on it this morning and I haven't washed it yet), etc... what a crazy lady. I love her though, I do. I love the way she stroked my hair as I finally gave in and rocked her til' she calmed down, love the way she tells me I'm the 'bumb' except she really means to say the 'bomb', love the way she eats vegetables dipped in blue cheese, love the way she gives me arm tickles when she's sitting on my lap, love the way she holds my face right next to hers when she has something important to say, love her energy. Just love her.

Eli took exactly 2 minutes to go to sleep tonight. Seriously, what a chill guy. He fussed a little so I knew he was tired. I wrapped him up in his soft blue blankie and he smiled at me. I sang him two songs, layed him down, and left him there wide awake. Went back two minutes later to find him out cold. love him. Love the way he gets excited when we read him books, love how chunky he's getting, love his deep blue eyes, love his cute little noises and the conversations we have, love how he enjoys his bath.

Life is good peeps. later gaters.

6 comments:

Diane Carter said...

What? When did she learn to do that? And Eli is growing so fast! You guys have cute kids and I love your writing. So Fun! Love ya

Tamra said...

Our Elijah did that, too! He'd ask to go to bed and then fall asleep in seconds. He still falls asleep first, of all the kids. ... Sometimes Miciah is jealous, cause it takes her hours to calm down enough to go to bed. :) Kids are awesome!

Kaye said...

What a sweet mommy you are - it's so fun to read the adventures of your little ones!

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

I adore that picture of Luci! Someday your house will be ultra quiet and you'll read this blog post and wish and wish for that little girl shouting No in her meanest voice!

Looslis said...

Last time I tried that bicycle trick I was like 7 and I broke my arm. Then I colored my cast with pink chalk because I was mad the doctor gave me a white one. It got all over every outfit I wore for a week.

Brooke said...

They get so smart about trying to get out of bedtime! Shawn had so much fun hanging out with you guys. Thanks for being so awesome to him and Chad.